Thursday, August 31, 2006

An armadillo, an orangutan and the Dalai Lama

So, during my wanderings through the internet, I found a website on How to draw a radish! Since my drawing abilities are marginal at best, I decided to look at some of the free drawing lessons. They were easy! And fun! Ok, so my radishes need a bit of work. But this was a lot more fun than a drawing class I took a few years ago (please don't ask me to draw the skull of a dead animal again, please? ok?) It is a nice little site, and the lessons are shown line by line. So easy even I could do them! So what are you waiting for? Get a pen/pencil and some paper and soon you will be drawing the Dalai Lama too!


My first page of lessons. I drew a second and a third page too. I can't remember the last time I had such child-like fun. Note the armadillo front and centre. There is also a chameleon in the bottom left corner, some birds, a daffodil (yikes! not my best), an eskimo and other things too. Wheee!




An orangutan. I am quite proud of this little guy. My brain kept saying "no! arms don't go to the floor! don't do it!" but I didn't listen and I drew arms just like the lesson, right to the floor. I think he is pretty cute and that I did a reasonably good job of him.





Yes. The Dalai Lama. I am sure I am building up some kind of karma for this. However, I think it is a pretty close likeness, although his lips are a bit full. I DREW THE DALAI LAMA!!!!!!







Sometimes you just need to play!

No comments: