Thursday, February 08, 2007

Where did Wednesday go?

Whoops, forgot to post yesterday. I only crocheted about 1/2 a side of my blanket. I also made some molasses cheerio clusters (sounds weird but are yummy).

Today was ok, in a good way. I went to my group and got a bit of info about what to do about my pain. Joann (the nurse clinician) suggested to move around, try a soak with epsom salts and lavender, and to write at the top of a page "what is my pain trying to tell me?". The actual group was good and interesting; we learned about the definitions of trauma and PTSD. We also got a little more homework. I am supposed to focus on feeling a piece of fleece or rubbing a river stone; this is supposed to slow down and soothe my right brain. I don't know about it, but I will do it to get better. Afterwards, hubby and I went for tea :D Yumm-O! We then went to a very cool bead store where I bought some nice red and pink beads. Oooh, shiny! All in all, not too bad a day at all! I have plans to do a bit of crochet in front of the t.v. tonight.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Molasses cheerio clusters actually sound divine ... me being the nutty nut lover would probably toss in almonds or pecans, too but that's just me.
Group sounds great so far ... the river stone thing does work if you let it. When I went to my bereavement group after Dad died that was one of the techniques they suggested using when the greif got really bad. I didnt know it works on the right brain - it did work for me when I allowed to work. Kind of helped me to refocus. After a while you don't need the rock.
Gee, I wonder if that would work with chocolate? Hmmm ... :-)