Thursday, May 24, 2007

I made shorts!

I actually made a pair of shorts! I have never made a piece of clothing before, so I am thrilled at my accomplishment. They are made of the same light-weight denim that the purse in my previous post is of. I did "felled" seams (doubled stitched seams like on jeans) and altered the pattern to fit using calculations from a book I have. They are comfy, if a bit wide in the leg. I haven't taken any pictures yet, so maybe I will do so soon.

Some of the seeds I planted a couple of weeks ago are starting to leaf. I know for sure that there are nasturtium, but I am not sure if the other little plants are flowers or weeds. I'll have to wait and see. I am always bizarrely worried that the seeds I plant won't grow, so I am always excited and surprised when they do. Yay me and my green thumb!

No comments: