Monday, May 14, 2007

Umm, yeah.

Whoopsie. Haven't posted in a while. However, I have been busy around the house, so it's a good thing. This is also the inaugural post from my backyard for the season. Here's to posting in the great outdoors!

Over the past week, I planted a whole bunch of seeds and plants in one of my side gardens in my backyard. I am hoping by the time I have relatives/friends over in July we will have something pretty to look at. I did plant stuff a wee bit early for my zone, but we have had such hot weather, the ground has definitely warmed. Of course as soon as I planted, the temps. around here dropped dramatically. Now let's hope that the weather stays nice for another week and things should be ok.

I also took a fused glass course about two weeks ago. This is the plate I made! Although I was not involved in the firing, I still had loads of fun. . It is an expensive hobby (i.e. glass, and a kiln or two, or paying for kiln time), but I hope that maybe, just maybe, glass fusing is something I will be able to do in the future. My instructor, Paul was absolutely fantastic! He was patient, helpful, and just plain cool. Gotta love a cool instructor.

I also had my first individual counselling appointment today. My therapist is Joanne, whom I have spoken of before. This feels like a good fit, and I feel extremely fortunate to be able to go through this process with her.

I have been feeling kinda funny lately. The only way I can describe it is as "JOY". It's not exactly happiness, but a kind of positive welling up from the inside. I feel like (as Joanne put it) my body is smiling. I don't know quite why, but I am just going to go with it. How can I not? :D

I wish you "JOY" in your life, too...

No comments: