Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mystery granny squares

Many moons ago, while I was in university, a roommate learned how to crochet. She was spitting out these huge blankets, and I thought I could learn too. So I went off to Lewiscraft (which is no more, unfortunately), and bought a book, a hook and some yarn.

DSCF0001.JPG

Mystery yarn and granny squares...



Fast forward to today. I found some yarn in a bag, and at the bottom of the bag I found this yarn and some granny squares. I think I wanted to make a blanket, but I obviously did NOT get enough yarn. Some of the squares I can't use, because I cut the tail end waaaaaaay too short and there was nothing to weave in. The few squares that are left I decided to make another scarf. (Yup, here in the arctic tundra one cannot have too many scarves!) I did an invisible stitch to attach them, and am now in the process of adding a simple dc border. The gauge is all wonky and the squares are all different sizes, but I still like the yarn (and it still looks like new!), and I think it will turn out ok. Will post pics when done!

No comments: