Saturday, October 20, 2007

Yarny goodness--on the cheap!

My hubby is just so wonderful. Yesterday, my hubby and I went to do some shopping and general wandering around. We ended up going to Michael's ("just to look" of course) and to do some "yarn touching". I happened to notice one of the clerks putting out some yarn on clearance for $1/skein. There was quite a bit of novelty yarn (i.e. eyelash and ribbon-style yarns), but I noticed in a bottom bin some worsted weight yarn. Upon closer inspection, it was Lion Brand Wool. There were two variegated styles, and a gray.
Gray! Hubby loves gray, and I want to make him a blanket. So with my eyelashes fluttering, I asked if we could get the gray as a starting point for his blanket. I got a "yes", then I asked about the variegated. He said: "Well, what would you make?" and I quickly replied "A scarf, of course!".
I got 10 skeins of gray and four of "Flower Garden" for $14.86; enough for a basic start on the blanket, and a scarf and maybe a small tote for me.

DSCF0003.JPG

Look at that yarny goodness!


I know that the blanket will be "handwash only", but I still want to give it a go. Will keep you updated....

No comments: