Sunday, November 18, 2007

Whew! Made it!

After crocheting for a total of 20 hours in a consecutive 50 hour period, I finished the two scarves!

The first is a scarf made out of Bernat Bamboo in Corn. It is a lovely creamy colour. It is very soft and smooth; it has almost a "cool" feeling to it. It was super fast to crochet: non-splitty, easy to work with, and nice to the touch. It has a good weight and drape to it. Done in dc, with a sc edging. About 5" x 64". This is for my SIL.

DSCF0010.JPG

The next scarf is made out of Bernat Harmony in Black. It is acrylic, because I think my brother is allergic to wool. Sc with a sc edging. This yarn was a bit splitty to work with. I found it a bit hard to see the stitches as I was working, but that is not a fault of the yarn. Simple and classic. About 9" x 49". For my brother.

DSCF0005.JPG

I included the care instructions from the ball-band with each scarf. I hope they like them!

No comments: