Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Anne's Year of the Bull

My holidays were lovely and peaceful. I hope yours were the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2008 is going to be an interesting year. The past couple of years have not been so great for a number of reasons that I won't go into here. However, I feel I have turned a corner, and the future looks brighter than it ever did in the past. I have hope. I feel I may actually have a reason - a purpose for being here.

Right now, I declare 2008 Anne's Year of the Bull. I am a taurus, and this year my focus is on ME.





To figure out where I want to go, I feel like I need to know where I am and where I have been. In the next month or so, I am going to do a full self-assessment, where I look at every aspect of my life. What are my habits? What are my strengths and my weaknesses? What do I like and dislike? After I write all of that down, the next step is figuring out *why* I do/like/dislike/etc. certain things. What is truly important to me. I figure this will give me a lot of good info about myself. I also figure this assessment will take a while; a few weeks at least if I work on this a little each day.

After I gather all my info, then I will figure out where I want to go and how I am going to get there.

I am not sure if this will make sense to anyone but me, but blogging it makes me feel like I will require some amount of accountability. I will keep you updated with my progress.

I hope 2008 is a wonderful year for you, all my readers!

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

I did a bunch of testing over last year, Myers Briggs among others. It can be helpful in understanding things about yourself, but in my case it was more confusing. Good-luck with it all. I hope it helps you more than it's helped me!