Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Colour

"For me, the color play involved satisfies the latent painter within." Ladylinoleum from monster crochet.

Ladylinoleum was talking about her experiences dyeing yarn on her blog when I read the above quote. Yes! I thought. My dreams have always been that I would be a Painter (yup, with a capital "p"). However, I recently began to think differently. Although I love the end process, I am a messy painter. I paint with acrylics, so they are not so bad to clean, but the brushes still have to be cleaned before going to relax. I am not so much into the "messy" part of painting. I have been starting to make art dolls, and I can stand that mess much easier. Nothing stains, I can leave an unfinished doll right where it sits with no "clean up". I get to play with glorious colours, just as I would if I were painting. So, for right now, doll making "satisfies my latent painter within"!

No comments: