Monday, February 04, 2008

Getting better + Where have you been all my life?

My cold is much better, although I still have a wet cough. I am still resting a fair bit and taking care of myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My therapist has been suggesting some books by an author named Geneen Roth. Funnily enough, I happened to find her website through meandering the internet. Now, I believe in "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear" philosophy. I took all these signs to mean that maybe I should read some of her books. Went to the library and found "When Food is Love" and "When you eat at the refrigerator, pull up a chair". I got them out on Thursday and have already devoured them! I have never understood my underlying issues around food until now. It is like a light-bulb went on! I now want to re-read them and really absorb her message...

1 comment:

Faith said...

I love Geneen Roth - however, I love Anita Johnston even more. She wrote Eating in the light of the moon and it is probably one of the most important books in my recovery to date. I can't recommend it highly enough.

In other news - I'm so glad you're feeling better!

F.