Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Light and fluffy

While some parts of this continent were basking in 80F weather this weekend, we got hit with the same snowstorm that hit Ohio. (Yup, it is March in the arctic tundra.) We got at least 8" of snow, and the wind was blowing hard. Of course, we got invited out to one of hubby's coworker's house for dinner that night (it never fails, something always tries to get in the way of fun). It is a good thing our little car does great in the snow, and we got there with no problems. I was a little nervous, but I had met Vic and his wife Chris before, so once I got over the "zomg they will judge me!!!!" thoughts, I had a good evening. Chris made a lovely dinner, and I brought homemade cookies and a fine time was had by all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my second attempt at caramels.

DSCF0002.JPG

Still not as soft as I would like, but they are getting better. I am going to wait a little bit before trying *again*.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was watching t.v., and a Volvo commercial came on. I liked the music, so of course I Googled it. Here is the video of the ad:




Melpo Mene is the artist and the link goes to his Myspace page. His music is kind of cool!

No comments: