Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How to give a doggy's mommie a heart attack in 30 sec. or less

Molly is such a good dog and both me and hubby love her to death already. So, hubby was reading the local SPCA website (where we got Molly) and was reading the found section. There was a notice about a dog lost. It reads: "Lost Dog colour Tan Lost somewhere between Rycroft and Wanham. Was riding in the back of our truck. Large dog, approx 100 lbs, has a red collar with "Canada" on it. Looks like the Turner and Hooch dog. Rycroft/Wanham area". When my hubby read me the post, my heart sunk into my stomach. Except for the date lost, this was an extremely accurate description of Molly, right down to the red Canada collar! I was upset and so was hubby. Neither of us wanted to keep a dog whose owners were looking for her/him; I couldn't live with myself if we did. So hubby left a msg. on their machine, and waited. While waiting, hubby was looking in the lost and found pet area of our local Kijiji site. He found the exact same post, but with a pic. and more detail. The dog lost was a neutered male (!!!), and was definitely a purebred mastiff. Although we are sorry someone lost their dog, we were so relieved it wasn't Molly! We can keep Molly with no guilt, only with a bit of anger that someone abandoned her. This experience certainly was enough excitement for one day, and I have prohibited my hubby from looking at the lost and found ever again ;)!

No comments: