Friday, April 03, 2009

It's been a long, long road

So. I haven't written anything for quite a few months. I just haven't been up to it. I thought that maybe I could do a little post to get myself back in to writing.

I still love it up here in Alberta. I certainly am having fewer "wtf!" moments, and it is beginning to feel like home. Spring is finally coming. We still have large snow banks and snow on the ground, but the roads are clearing and that is a good thing. It is still too cold for tulips and crocuses, but I hope they pop their heads up soon. I need me some green! I tell myself that when I came in November there was no snow on the ground, so it makes me hopeful that there will be a time when there is no snow!

In sadder news, we euthanized our 11 1/2 y.o. boxer Shadow on March 14. He was sick for a month and was not enjoying life anymore. We got his ashes in the mail earlier this week and I still feel sad. No more wet boxer kisses. I miss my bud. I am hoping to do a post about him later, because it is just too hard to do right now.

More to come soon!

No comments: