Sunday, August 27, 2006

Why Not?

So, yesterday, I was sitting in my Garden of Weeden, just relaxing after finishing the last couple of posts. I was letting my mind drift and my gaze wander, when I saw my neighbour's Rose of Sharon in bloom. The blooms were ethereal; purplish pink and glowing in the overcast light. I thought to myself: "Geez, you really should take some pics of those beautiful flowers!", but feeling relaxed and comfortable, I responded to that thought with a "Nah, maybe I'll just sit and surf". So I did, and found this Imagination Prompt Generator in my wanderings. I was fooling around with it when the prompt was "Why not?". I thought "Why not? Why not? Maybe I should get off my butt and take those pics! Why not? The flowers may not be there tomorrow." So that's what I did, and here are the results:

This was the flower that inspired me, with its iridescence.










This is me playing with the flash. Notice the bug in the flower gathering pollen!










I figured I might as well take some pics of my elephant-ear hostas. Cool texture.










More interesting texture of the hostas.







So, "why not" indeed! There are always reasons to put off things, so why not just get up and do 'em? You never know what you may discover.

No comments: