Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just a little lazy...

...is how I have been feeling lately about most things, especially "creative"-type things. I feel like I am in a resting type of period; I still have ideas coming but I am just tired. I just want a rest from forcing myself to do things. So I kind of took the last week or so off; I haven't even been really doing much with my group homework. I don't feel guilty though. I seem to have more energy to get some physical yet mundane stuff done, like a bit of raking in the backyard while it has been so warm, or doing dishes or laundry. I think my brain needs to just rest and heal and maybe not workworkwork all the time. I am hoping this fallow time will lead to a more energized creative output. Here's hoping!



Unfortunately, I have no new art to show, so instead, for your entertainment, sleepy puppies!




Miscellany:

What am I listening to right now? Deva Premal ~~ Embrace. Her music is Indian mantras with a contemporary flair. Easy to listen to and, for me, uplifting, even though I do not follow the same spirtual path she does.

I am slowy but surely updating the "Blogs I visit" part of this blog to more accurately show all the blogs I visit on a pretty regular basis. Stay tuned for more new ones soon!

The "Wounds" project is not forgotten, just a bit on hold. It was just too difficult and hurtful to honestly look at my wounds. I do have a potential side-project that may come out of the idea. Again, stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with this artist - I'll have to check her out. If you like this sort of music, you'll probably enjoy Rasa - here's their site:
http://www.rasa-music.com/
I have their In Concert CD & I find it soothing & uplifting.

Good for you, taking some time to rest up - rest is a good thing.