Thursday, March 15, 2007

Pretty...

I was getting ready this morning to go to my group. I looked in the mirror and realized that it had been a long time since I felt, well, pretty. For a long time, I only checked the mirror to make sure I didn't have toothpaste on my face, or to see how much weight I've put on (which is rather a lot). My self esteem has been pretty low for a while too. Now, it is well known that I am not exactly a girly girl; I don't wear make up and I don't wear skirts. I am quite comfortable in jeans or yoga pants and t shirts; my femininity is not dependent on what I wear. But I do wear jewelry, not a lot, but I do. I realized that I haven't even put in a pair of earrings for a long time. So, today, I made an effort, and put in some cranberry coloured pearl earrings, and, for a little while, felt just a bit more like a girl.

No comments: