Monday, April 09, 2007

Donna, I did it!

My wonderful cousin Donna recently sent me a lovely package in the mail. It included a fabulous bamboo crochet hook and very cool tri-colour cotton yarn in fuschia, green and orange. I was so hesistant to use the yarn as I am a total crochet newbie; what if I screw it up? Anyway, this weekend I took the plunge and made (drumroll please: brrrrrrrrrrr ting!) a facecloth!

So, I think I messed up the first few rows as I think I missed some stitches, but I don't think I did too bad for a beginner. I used a basic half-treble stitch. Notice the very chic hanging loop! The cotton yarn is much different than acrylic; it has much less-to-no give. I had to adapt my tension to be able to actually get the hook through the stitches. All in all, I'm pretty proud of it!

It was a quiet weekend around here. Hubby had Friday off, so it was nice to have him home for a long weekend. We pretty much stayed close to home. Easter Sunday we just stayed in our jammies and ate yummy Easter chocolate! Mmmm... bunny ears! If you observe, I hope you had a Joyous Easter.

We rented the documentary Shut Up & Sing by the Dixie Chicks. Hubby and I both like the Dixie Chicks, even though neither of us listen to "country". Although I did not learn anything earth shattering in it, it definitely was interesting to see the differing actions of Americans to Natalie Maines' comment. As a Canadian, I found some of the reactions incredible. I'd give this documentary 7/10.

I woke up today grumpy and restless (maybe coming down from sugar overload?). I am going to try and channel some of that energy into something creative. I have been mulling around another painting in my head. Today would be as good a day as any to start it.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I'm officially impressed!I just HAD to log in to comment -you really did an amazing job (and your stitches are must better than you think - nice even tension) and I'm sooooo diggin' the groovy loop :-)