Friday, April 13, 2007

It's Friday the 13th!

Ooh! It's Friday the 13th! Here in Ontario, Friday the 13th is especially special to motorcyclists. They all converge on Port Dover, rain or shine, snow or sun. This sleepy little town on Lake Erie gets thousands of bike riders that day. I have been once and it really was a sight to see. Hope your day was good and nothing untoward happened!

Spring has sprung (kind of) and I have started some spring cleaning. Yesterday I cleaned out a closet and today I replaced the screen on our front door and started on the bathroom. Note the job I did as well as my puppies. I just can't resist adding gratuitous pics of my pups whenever I can! Note that our mail box is not lit; we have some reflective material behind our house number so you can see it. Poor Shadow always looks like a "devil dog" when we take his pic with a flash!

After the stuff I did today, I had a nice long soak in the tub, with Enya drifting up from my downstairs computer and a can of pop at my side. From the bathtub, I could see a bit of a maple tree out the bathroom window. Its lightly budded branches were waving in a gentle breeze and almost seemed to be bobbing to the music. I know that is not possible, but in that one instant, it seemed that the music, the tree and I were all connected in a very deep way. The moment passed, but it was just nice to feel a connection to the world around me through my senses: the gentle harmonies of the music, the warmth of the water, the scent of the bubbles, the dancing branches against a deepening blue sky.

I sometimes wonder if I am weird, noticing these tiny moments of life. I feel maybe I should be focusing on larger things. These little moments, though, feed my soul. And that is exactly what I need.

No comments: