Monday, July 23, 2007

Playing catch-up

So you may have noticed a large gap in my posts. Well, I have been BUSY! I had family and friends come down at the beginning of July, so I had to make sure the house was ready for guests. It took me a while, but the house was cleaned "enough". I know, visitors want to visit me, not my house, but the EasternEuropeanWoman(tm) part of me needed to make sure everything was ok.

My visitors brought me gifts!

On the left is a mug and moose that my friend Sindy bought me. She also got me a "Sewing with Nancy" book, lox, cream cheese and yummy bagels. On the right is a beret my cousin Donna knit and felted for me! Out of Noro, no less! I am not sure of the colourway, but it is stunning, and comfy too! I am wearing it as I speak, even though it is above freezing here in the arctic tundra. Donna's hubby, John, brought the fixings for his famous casserole, which was delicious and greatly appreciated. Donna also brought some Dove chocolate, as per request.

I know I enjoyed having everyone here, and this was the first time I really relaxed with visitors in the house. People ate when they wanted, slept when they wanted, went out when they wanted, and hopefully just had a good time. If you visit my cousin's blog (see under "Blogs I visit" ~~~~> Stitchin' and Bitchin'), one of her posts covers the yarn/fabric/bookshop/bead crawl we did here in London. I can hardly wait for next year to do it all over again!

Of course, life did not slow down after the visitors went home. I spent some time at Sindy's, helping her recuperate after laprascopic gallbladder surgery. Then, I had a week of doctor's appointments and tests. Hubby and I went away on Saturday, but that is a topic for another post.

I am just thankful that today is quiet. I might actually do some art!

No comments: