Tuesday, July 24, 2007

There and back again

On Saturday, hubby and I went over the border to do some shopping. Scott had to pick up a part for his car, so we decided to make a day of it.

We went shopping at a mall called "Great Lakes Crossings", and man, was it huge! They had a Bass Pro Shop which had every hunting implement known to man. We had lunch at The Rainforest Cafe which was delicious and quite an experience. I actually got to wander around Torrid, which is plus sized clothing (and also about 15-20 years too young for me!) We bought some decadent sheets at Bed, Bath and Beyond. These sheets are 600 count! It is like sleeping on butter, I tell you! We also got candles at Yankee Candle: Buttercream (my personal fav), Mandarin Cranberry (tart!), and MacIntosh and Peach (smells like a MacIntosh tastes!). I don't know that we would go back to this particular mall, but it certainly was fun.

We were almost ready to go home, when what did I spy but JoAnn's Etc.! I just had to stop in, even though I was dead on my feet. They had beautiful brocade fabric on sale for 60% off! How could I refuse?
Aren't they just delicious? I got 2 yards of the red, and 1 yard each of the blue and green. They were only $4 a yard! I don't know yet what I will do with them, but I am sure they will find a use.

After getting some Dove chocolate at Target, we made our way home. We had a great time, and it was nice for the two of us to have some time together.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Pillows ...decadent, lucious, over the top pillows with silk tassels & braided edging....

Slippers ...velveteen lining, suede soles...

Jewelry roll...satin lining...organza ribbon ties ....

Ultimate in over the top-ness? A quilted throw, perhaps with squares of velveteen and/or satin.

Whatever you decide, I hope it's all for YOU. You deserve something that gorgeous!!