Friday, April 11, 2008

And so it ends...

Well, today was our farewell party for my DBT group. I went to this therapy group every Friday for almost eight months. I learned about mindfulness, radical acceptance and the necessity of emotions. I also met some very cool women! The group leaders were awesome, and each group member was wonderful. Only three of nine women came to the party, so I feel like there is unfinished business.

So, to those who could not come: L., L., E., E., M., and P., I wish you all the best of luck in the future! You all have grown immeasurably in the last year, and I hope that you continue to become more balanced in your lives. Remember that you are not your PTSD!

And so, a new chapter in my life starts. I have some cool plans in the works for my future. "My future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

No comments: