Thursday, October 26, 2006

A busy day

After laying low since my last post, the past few days have been pretty busy. Yesterday my family doc suggested that I would probably be going back to work in one month (YIKES!) My meds still aren't straightened out and he wants me to back to work??? That put me in a bit of a tailspin. I figured I better get my ass in gear, even though on the best of days I can't even get my ass out of neutral. My depression and anxiety are still quite active.

Anyway, today I had a meeting/interview with the nurse practitioner of something called the "Trauma Stress Service". This meeting was to see if I would qualify for their services. If I did, I would have a coordinated treatment strategy for my underlying PTSD. If not, I was on my own to find my own help; where, I don't know. I was so nervous that I would not qualify because I was worried about where I could find help, especially for my meds. The nurse was very nice and easy to talk to. She was reassuring and supportive. She had read my previous chart, and she had told me within the first ten minutes that I WOULD QUALIFY!!! I asked her to repeat that and write it down for me, just to be sure. I couldn't believe it! Big sigh of relief. The rest of the interview was her asking me about my symptoms, and she definitely diagnosed me with Complex PTSD. I have another meeting with her in a couple of weeks to go through my story; I'm not really looking forward to it but it needs to be done. She is going to suggest that I go to group therapy (two kinds) as well as have individual counseling. This is the most I could hope for, as I could have been suggested for only one or two of these things. I also still have to meet the director of the program (psychiatrist), so I guess it will probably be a month before I actually get started. That is ok, though. The nurse also did not think it was reasonable to be back to work in a month (WHEW!). We'll see when I will be able to go back to work.

I am still running on adrenaline, as I now have a diagnosis for my problems AND some professionals to help me through them. Three cheers for me!

Three (really nine) cheers go to my hubby Scubaru, my cousin Donna and last, but never least, my bestest friend Ms. S for all their support during this extremely difficult time. They are my cheering section, my worry warts, my anger, and an unending pool of love for me. Thanks are never enough. Thank You Scott, Donna and Sindy, I couldn't survive without you!!! \ ( ^_^ ) /

No comments: